- This event has passed.
Public Nuisance, Climate Change, and Municipal Litigation
October 24, 2018 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
This is an event held by the Boston chapter of the Federalist Society.
In the past few years, a series of lawsuits have been filed by cities and states against oil and gas companies, seeking to hold these companies liable for the effects of climate change. Join us for an engaging, expert panel discussion on these lawsuits, their background, the legal theories underlying them, and recent developments in some of the jurisdictions where they have been filed.
- Prof. Steven Ferrey – Suffolk University Law School
- Phil Goldberg – Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P; Director, Progressive Policy Institute Center for Civil Justice
- Prof. Donald Kochan – Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law
- Prof. James R. May – Widener University Delaware Law School
- Kenneth Reich – Kenneth Reich Law, LLC; Adjunct Professor, Boston University School of Law
- Moderator: Lindsey de la Torre – National Association of Manufacturers
Please visit the event link for more details.