It is my opinion that my incumbent GOP Primary Election opponent does not adhere to the precepts, principles and practices outlined below.
To this end, I want to present what may by termed as The Freedom Pledge, which will help guide my tenure in office, if the voters should so choose:
1. I pledge to support individual liberty, private property and free enterprise.
2. I pledge to vote against any legislation that I have not read or that I do not understand.
3. I pledge to oppose all net increases in taxes and fees and to work to reduce the burden of government.
4. I pledge to sponsor at least one bill each year that repeals an existing law or reduces the burden of that law.
5. I pledge to support any legislative effort to oppose the federal government’s violation of the U.S. Constitution.
6. I pledge to hold at least four “town hall” meetings, open to the public, during each calendar year I am in office, including at least one during the legislative session.
Republican Candidate for State Representative, 5th Barnstable District