PLEASE VISIT https://www.facebook.com/Elect… TO JOIN AS A SIGNATORY TO THE FOLLOWING LETTER:
July 23, 2014
Congressman Bill Keating
2 Court St.
Plymouth, MA 02360
I write further to my letter dated July 8, 2014, concerning the illegal immigration crisis.
To my knowledge, to date, you have remained silent and failed to take steps in line with what is requested in that letter. I encourage you to take those steps immediately.
Furthermore, in light of the recent proposal by Governor Patrick to house illegal immigrant minors in a Massachusetts facility, including potentially here on Cape Cod, I call upon you to:
1. Publicly explain, in detail, all of the facts and circumstances surrounding the planned housing of illegal immigrant minors in Massachusetts, including in this District, as referenced above.
2. Provide the public with the age range of the minors that will be housed at the proposed facility.
3. Provide the public with a well-reasoned and detailed estimate of the total number of minors that will be housed at the proposed facility in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. If your position is that the proposed facility will only be open “temporarily,” please provide a detailed statement on the amount of time it will be open, and the date it will be closed.
4. Provide the public with a well-reasoned and detailed estimate of the number or percentage of minors at the proposed facility that will be deported. Feel free to utilize statistics gathered at our southern border during 2014.
5. Provide the public with a well-reasoned and detailed estimate of the number or percentage of minors at the proposed facility that will be granted asylum. Feel free to utilize statistics gathered at our southern border during 2014.
6. Provide the public with a detailed statement concerning whether the minors in question that are granted asylum, or that are otherwise not deported, will be released in Massachusetts, and provide a detailed analysis on how much those outcomes will ultimately cost our state, cities and towns. In your statement, identify the cities and towns where these minors will most likely be released.
7. Provide the public with data on the nationalities of the minors in question, including whether any are from Middle Eastern countries and/or countries that sponsor or harbor Islamic terrorism, and if so, identify the specific countries and the ages of the minors from those countries.
We have a right know the truth about the immigration crisis in this country, particularly as it relates to Massachusetts and the security of our citizens.
You are obligated, as the current representative of this District, as a current resident of Bourne, and given your position on the House Committees on Homeland Security and Foreign Affairs, to comment on this crisis and act according to the above-stated points immediately.
I look forward to your prompt response.
Very truly yours,
Daniel L. Shores
Committee to Elect Dan Shores
P.O. Box 3747
Plymouth, MA 02361