(You can actually do this for Todd Taylor (Revere, Saugus, Chelsea) – Monica Medeiros (Melrose, Malden, Stoneham, Wakefield, Winchester, Reading) – Dan Allie (Westfield) – promoted by Rob “EaBo Clipper” Eno)
OK, everyone – there is a special election today in the 9th Norfolk District for the Massachusetts House today. Republican Shawn Dooley is a great guy who needs our help in what will be a low-turnout election. Every vote will count! If you don’t live in the district you can still help him using Facebook to find people you know that do live in the district and ask them to go vote for Shawn. I am posting the directions here:
1. Look to the Facebook search at the top of the home page.
Most people don’t know that the search box on top of Facebook was changed months ago to include “open graph” which means it can use Facebook connections to find things.
2. It’s easy to find friends in any town. For starters, try the phrase “friends norfolk” and choose the right suggested result.
(read more after the jump!!)
3. You will then get a list of results, each with a message button (circled by me in red below).
(needless to say, I am confident Sean Bielat will get to the polls.)
You can then click a button and ask them nicely to vote for Shawn. Point to his website or list the relevant polling place:
– Beatrice Woods Elementary School, 72 Messenger st. Plainville, MA 02762
– Delaney School, 120 Taunton St. Wrentham. 02093
– Freeman-Kennedy School 70 Boardman St. Norfolk 02056
– Blackburn Hall, 30 Stone St. Walpole 02081
– The Center at Medfield, 1 Ice House Rd. Medfield 02052
– Veterans Memorial Building, 900 Main St. Millis 02052
But most of all, find the right words to say we need an experienced public servant who will be a voice for better, more accountable government!
What towns to choose for searching?
There are six towns in the district, but you are better off using Norfolk, Plainville, and Wrentham as the whole towns are in the district, where Medfield, Millis, and Walpole only have pieces in there and you will probably message people that aren’t in the district.
What about friends of friends?
Lastly, you can try friends-of-friends, as you can see from the query below, but I wouldn’t message people you don’t know at all, as that will seem like spam. But it’s a good way to find people you actually do know, but aren’t friends with on FB:
So, for instance, I don’t know any of these people below. But if I did, I would message them.