As published in the Washington Examiner, here is part of Barney’s latest fund raising plea! Footnote numbers and bolding added…
Earlier this year, I realized that a powerful coalition of right-wing organizations (1) would target me in the upcoming election. Now this has become a reality.
My opponent, a virtual unknown in Massachusetts, has suddenly been heavily promoted by a national coalition of right-wing forces. He raised four hundred thousand dollars last month alone (2) and he says that he is expecting a wave of independent expenditures from outside organizations – despite election rules against collaborating with them.
I need your help to oppose these powerful forces.(3)
Last summer at a town hall meeting, I stood up to right-wing activists who outrageously compared President Obama to Adolf Hitler.(4) The Right has never forgiven me for this, and they are now mounting a coordinated attack against me in order to put fear in the heart of anyone show dares stand up to them.(5) I have been named me one of the top “Tea Party Targets” in the country.(6)
The Right desperately wants to defeat me not only because I am outspoken, but because I am effective.
(1) correction: some blogs. And local media.
(2) Never mind the millions that Barney has raised. He’s just not comfortable losing his 10:1 fundraising advantage in this heavily Democratic district
(4) “Right wing activists”. Namely, Barney’s Democratic primary opponent Rachel Brown
(5) What a crock. Barney dared to stand up against Rachel Brown, and no one cares.
(6) Because you are a corrupt liar and a socialist, and you are directly culpable for the excesses of Fannie and Freddie, which crushed our economy so badly that we still have 10% unemployment.
Thanks for playing.