Besides creating a one-gun-a-month limit, Patrick’s bill would let Massachusetts district attorneys seek to deny bail to those charged with illegally possessing a firearm.
The bill would also tighten laws governing who may handle machine guns, including those fired at gun clubs and shooting ranges.
The House voted 111-32 to send the bill back to the Judiciary Committee. My frustration with the mainstream media’s inability to provide roll calls continues. I have included more information on H. 4102 from the Gun Owner’s Action League below the fold.
Full Text: H. 4102
MORE BELOW THE FOLD….
* Creates the “One Gun Month Law” more commonly referred to as the “Lawful Citizens Imprisonment Act” that imprisons lawfully licensed citizens for buying more than one gun a month.
* Amends the dangerousness statute, a subject the House of Representatives already took up.
* Changes the definition of a firearm to include parts that “which will or is designed to or may readily be converted”.
* Creates a 10 year prison sentence for possession of a firearm while attempting to commit a misdemeanor and threatening force against another. This is very loose language that could be troublesome to lawful gun owners.
* Would allow the State Police to destroy surrendered guns.
* Changes the public record laws providing licensed dealers with information regarding lawful gun owners. This is part of the “Lawful Citizens Imprisonment Act.”
* Places further restrictions on the licensing and handling of machine guns. A matter already heavily regulated on the federal and state level.
* Adds more language to background check laws.