A nationwide poll reveals that Tea Party Backers are on average wealthier than the public in general and more educated. The details were written of in a NY Times article.
Other interesting tidbits from the survey:
1. Most describe the amount of taxes paid as ‘fair’.
2. Children go to public schools.
3. Plurality think Sarah Palin is not qualified to be President.
4. Think Social Security and Medicare are worth the cost.
5. Most returned their census forms as instructed.
6. Think Obama is more focused on poor than middle and upper class.
7. Too much is being made of black people’s problems.
8. Most angry about the recent health care overhaul, government spending and misrepresentation in Washington.
9. 90% disapprove of the job Obama is doing.
10. 92% think Obama is moving toward socialism.
11. Majority are concerned about job loss.
12. Blame Congress for the bad economy.
13. Most do not want a third party.
14. Most do not think Obama shares their values.
Gee, sounds rather mainstream to me. I think I am fitting right into that group, yet I am not a hater, a homophobe, racist or Nazi as the Democrats claim the Tea Party people are.