Are you ready to rumble?
We started this little experiment called Red Mass Group in the winter of 2007 as a direct result of getting destroyed in the 2006 gubernatorial election. When we started Adam Reilly of the Boston Phoenix had the following to said:
The prediction here is that RMG will peter out in a couple of months. But I could be wrong.
How do you like us now Adam? Less than three short years later we are the most trafficked local political blog in Massachusetts, and perhaps in the nation(statcounter.com). In additionour readers and writers are in the process of helping the greatest upset in modern political history.
We cannot however rest on our laurels. Scott Brown is so close to winning but the polls mean nothing. What means something is what happens today. Hopefully you have the day off of work and you can do one or more of the following.
1) Make calls – you don’t have to be in Massachusetts or a phone bank to do this. You can do it from home or on your lunch-break at work.
2) Drive your elderly friends to the polls. Buy them breakfast or lunch when doing so.
3) Walk your neighborhood for Scott. The campaign has made an innovative tool available at Walk for Scott Brown. Using your smart phone you can canvass your neighborhood.
4) Email your Massachusetts resident friends this morning. I did last night.
5) Call your friend and neighbors get them to the polls.
Our work is not done until 8:00 PM on the nose. Then we party. We have a chance to make history and I could not be prouder of each and every one of you.
In the words of the immortal Michael Butler, “Leeeettt’sss Get Ready to Ruuummmmbbblllleee!!!!”