The Republican House Caucus has just released the “Improving Health Care for All Americans Act” just days after Pelosi unveiled the Democrat plan. The Republican HR 3218 was originally filed in July by Rep. Shadegg (R), AZ in July. It expands refundable tax credits, expands access to health insurance by 3 million people, reduces costs of premiums, curbs lawsuits saving $41 billion, expands coverage to high risk pools of individuals, and reduces the deficit by $68 Billion over the first 10 years without raising taxes.
Full Text of HR 3962 (DEM): http://docs.house.gov/rules/he…
Full Text of HR 3218 (GOP): http://www.govtrack.us/congres…
CBO Preliminary Analysis HR 3962 (DEM): http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/106…
CBO Preliminary Analysis HR 3218 (GOP): pending….
- Length: GOP, 24 pages. DEM, 1990
- Cost to Taxpayers: GOP, $61 Billion. Dem, $1,055 Billion.
- Cost of Premiums: GOP, lowers cost to most. Dem, does not lower costs.
- Taxes: GOP, does no raise taxes. DEM, raises taxes by $426 billion in the first ten years.
- Individual Mandate: GOP, no individual mandate. DEM, forces you to buy insurance and contains fines and penalties if you don't.
- "Public Option": GOP, no new government run health care. Dem, Trojan horse government takeover.
- Abortion: GOP, does not pay. DEM forces you to pay.
MORE BELOW THE FOLD….
I will complete and repromote this post after the CBO analysis comes out. It is not yet available.
The Party of No? WNYConservative.com has a list of health care reform legislation files by Republicans in 2009.[poll id=”