The Congressional Budget Office preliminary Analysis of H.R. 3962 or the “Affordable Health Care for America Act” came out today.
- H.R. 3962 has an initial price tag of $1.055 Trillion over the first ten years.
- It cuts existing programs, such as Medicare advantage, by $426 billion in the first ten years.
- It raises taxes by $572 billion in the first ten years.
- It contains a federal mandate on individual citizens to purchase health insurance with fines and penalties for those who do not.
- It contains the government run "public option."
- It contains federal funding for abortions.
Full Text of H.R. 3962: http://docs.house.gov/rules/he…
Ful CBO analysis: http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/106…