Maynard public works superintendent facing bribery charge
By Staff reports
Daily News Tribune
Posted Dec 22, 2008 @ 12:19 AM
The Maynard superintendent of public works was arrested Saturday and charged with soliciting cash payments from a private developer in exchange for relaxing permit and inspection rules for a construction project, authorities said.
Paul Camilli, 38, of Newton, was arrested yesterday around 5 p.m., Middlesex District Attorney Gerry Leone’s office said. Camilli is charged with corruptly receiving money and gifts.
Camilli will be arraigned today in Concord District Court. He is accused of abusing his position of authority by soliciting cash kickbacks in exchange for relaxing inspections…
Paul Camilli has an appointed position, not an elected one. I haven’t found out to much about him yet except the following:
1) He is, of course, a Democrat.
2) According to OCPF, he has donated $125 to Koutoujian, Peter J (D) of Newton – his local State Rep in 2008.
3) He has been appointed to various posts by the Mayor of Newton including:
– Member of the Newton Parks & Recreation Commission.
– Constable for. the City of Newton