(This site is great. I played with the beta last week. Thanks Jim. – promoted by EaBo Clipper)
Today I am launching OpenMass.org, a non-partisan and non-profit effort to help inform and empower civic engagement in Massachusetts. OpenMass.org brings together government data with news and blog coverage to give you the real story behind what’s happening on Beacon Hill.
OpenMass.org is modeled after OpenCongress.org, a free, open-source, non-profit and non-partisan web resource with a mission to make Congress more transparent and to encourage civic engagement.
Some of the things you can do on OpenMass.org include:
1. Find your State Representative and Senator and see all the bills and earmarks they have sponsored, campaign contributions they have received and lots more.
2. Track which Bills, Representatives and Senators are most popular.
3. Easily track Bills through the legislative process.
4. Keep up to date on “Hot Button Issues”.
5. Keep updated on public issues that matter to you on the Public Hearings page.
6. Watch For newly signed laws. OpenMass.org tracks bills signed into law by the Governor.
What you’ll see today is just the beginning. With your feedback and guidance we can continue to push the envelope of civic engagement.